SSOC Virtual Training Resources Have Arrived!
The first of our new 'Virtual' Event Resources have launched today!
Our annual School Games School Sport Organising Crew (SSOC) Training is slightly different this year as we have provided you with all of the resources that you need to host your own SSOC Training in school.
This unique CPD opportunity is full of fun games and activities for your Year 5/6 pupils to become young leaders and develop sporting opportunities within your school.
The resources include the following:
- SSOC Training Overview – Resource overview & step by step details of how to use them.
- SSOC Teaching Presentation - Accessable through the Teacher Resource Pack.
- SSOC Teacher Resource Pack – Guidance document around the SSOC training with printable resources.
- SSOC Pupil Workbook – Activity & notes workbook for individual pupils (you will need to print 1 workbook for each pupil).
- SSOC Action Plan – This is where the SSOC will plan their timeline of tasks moving forward (you will need to print 1 action plan per SSOC).
- SSOC Training Certificate – Every pupil who completes the SSOC training should receive a certificate.
A SSOC is a diverse group of young people that join together to develop, organise and promote PE, School Sport and Intra-School Competition. Ultimately, establishing a SSOC is about young people organising and developing the PE, School Sport & Physical Activity in your respective schools, within which young people are empowered to lead change. An appropriately selected Crew can add vital capacity to the school’s workforce to enable delivery of a wider range of activities.
This training is aimed at a maximum group of ten Year 5/6 pupils to form part of a SCHOOL SPORT ORGANISING CREW (SSOC) in your school. If you have not yet set up an SSOC or your school would still like to get involved and register for these free* resources then please don't hesitate to contact us at:
*Please note that although this resource is linked to the national School Games framework, any school NOT affiliated to the Gateshead SSP Primary SLA will be eligible to pay a small nominal fee (£10.00) for receipt of the resources.