Virtual Event Resources - Sportshall Athletics 2020
The Sportshall Athletics Virtual Pentathlon Competition Pack has launched today!
This is the first competitive event this half term and is fully inclusive, with the chance for your pupils in Years 3-6 to compete against other children in Gateshead. There is also the opportunity for the Year 5/6 pupils to progress to the Level 3 County final - hopefully taking place as a physical event, later in 2021.
The events included in this competition are the Standing Long Jump, Chest Push, Vertical Jump, Shuttle Run and Speed Bounce.
This Sportshall Athletics 'Virtual Pentathlon' resource can be used to:
- Run a Personal Best Challenge within class bubbles.
- Run an Intra School Competition by dividing class bubbles into teams.
- Enter the Gateshead SSP Virtual Sportshall Athletics Competitions (available to years 3/4 & 5/6) by submitting your scores for the Borough wide league tables.
The material provided includes:
- Guidance document on all events and how to collate your scores on the spreadsheet provided by Sportshall UK (please read this first before entering your scores on the excel sheet).
- Sportshall UK official excel spreadsheet to input your data
- Example of a completed Sportshall UK excel spreadsheet
- Scoresheets to be printed for each activity
- Signage for your event
Guidance Document detailing how to run each event:
The guidance in our resource has been adapted from the national Sportshall UK publication. It includes additional information and adaptations to assist you with the delivery of this activity. The step by step guidance will help you collate your pupils scores easily in school.
Activity guidance in the document provided is broken down in relation to:
Official Sportshall UK Guidance - Using Sportshall athletics equipment.
Alternative Guidance - Using non-specialist equipment
Inclusive Adaptations - Guidance for young disabled pupils.
- Scores need to be submitted back to us using the Primary SHA Spreadsheet attached to (email@example.com) by Friday 18th December 2020.
- For data protection reasons, please only provide a first name and initial of a child when collating your scores on the sheet.
- On submission of results, you will receive a certificate template to print off for your pupils.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three schools for both the Year 3/4 and Year 5/6 competition.
If you have any other questions or need any support, then please don’t hesitate to contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org